Michelle Obama, who headed to Belfast for this year's G8 summit, is facing backlash on Twitter for her fringes. Onlookers apparently were more concerned with the ill-received styling of her bangs than her speech, the Huffington Post reported. The first lady seems to be growing out her blunt trim and transitioning it to a side-swept ...
With the growing mobility of internet, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg discussed potential partnership with Samsung company's president Shin Jong Kyun during Mark Zuckerberg's Asia tour. According to Bloomberg report, the partnership would reportedly focus on advancing mobile-advertising sales. Facebook has been strongly encouraging advertising on mobile. In April, Facebook Home had been ...
Helen Flanagan was held hostage by armed raiders at her 2.8million dollars home after divulging on Twitter that she was home alone as her boyfriend was away on holiday. The former 'Coronation Street' star was traumatised by the late-night ordeal hours after she tweeted that she was missing her beau, Scott Sinclair, the Sun reported. She reportedly told a friend that she could have been ...
Facebook employees have given bizarre answers to a question posted by a question-and-answer website Quora. Quora created, edited and organized by its community of users, had asked a question 'worst thing about working at Facebook' to which the social media giant's employees gave varied and interesting answers. The responses included praise for the free food and drinks prepared by renowned ...
Internet corporation Yahoo has followed the league of technological companies in publishing reports about 'snoop data' requests made by the US government. According to the Guardian, Yahoo has revealed that it had received 12,000-13,000 requests, inclusive of criminal, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), and other requests by the government between 1 December 2012 and 31 May ...
Winds: From the NW at 3.0 MPH Gusting to 10.0 MPH
Captain America: The First Avenger [Blu-Ray]
Following Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger was the summer of 2011s second big-budget action juggernaut based on a second-tier Marvel superhero, with both playing as necessary precursors to next summers superhero mash-up The Avengers ... ...
The Australian Defence Force (ADF) has been hit with another round of scandal when some of its serving and former personnel were found to be linked with sexist and anti-Muslim posts on Facebook pages. In the earlier scandal, some of the ADF personnel including senior officers who called themselves the 'Jedi Council' were recently involved in a sex email affair, which was perceived as even ...
A 15-year-old girl was allegedly raped in Rajasthan's Alwar town and the video of the crime then uploaded on a social networking website, police said Tuesday. According to police, the victim's father registered a first information report (FIR) Tuesday with a police station at Alwar, some 150 km from Jaipur. "The man says that a youth befriended his daughter on Facebook. He raped her a few ...
Smart devices and social media are the way forward for education in Africa, say education experts. With the increasing prevalence of mobile devices in classrooms, teachers need to be much more tech-savvy than they have ever had to be before, to be able to cope with this new learning environment, says member of the ICT in Education Excellence Group in the Scottish Government, Jaye ...
young singer Rami Sabri has closed his Facebook account after fans relentlessly criticized his continual delays in releasing his third album that's been two whole years in the making.The Egyptian songster has used every excuse in the book for the album's delay, including unstable conditions in the region and problems with production in London, while some fans believe the real answer is ...
THE tweets of South Australian Premier Jay Weatherill have been blocked from an internal feed to public servants in his own ...
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Country Inn & Suites, Ventura, California, USA
I had selected the Holiday Inn at Ventura which is right on the beach as a target for a review, ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
San Jose SunSan Jose Sun | Latest San Jose News reports, Weather & Markets
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of San Jose news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The San Jose Sun is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of San Jose.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a San Jose weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the San Jose Sun is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
A new 82 million dollar facility at San Jose International Airport that will support the personal aircraft of Google executives and other Silicon Valley executive fliers is scheduled to break ground soon.
In April, the San Jose City Council voted to grant delegated authority to the airport staff to finalize negotiations and execute a 50-year lease to Signature Flight Support. The company, which operates more than 100 locations in the U.S., Europe, South America, Africa and Asia, is a subsidiary of BBA Aviation, reports ABC News.
Signature Flight Support's development is in partnership with Blue City Holdings, a company representing the personal aircraft of the principals at Google. Google's headquarters in Mountain View is about 12 miles northwest of the airport.
The 270,000 square feet of LEED Gold-certified facilities will include an executive terminal, office space, hangars and aircraft servicing facilities.
Rosemary Barnes, a spokeswoman for the airport, said that Google aircraft will occupy five of the seven hangars. The new development will also have ramp space to accommodate large business jets, such as the Boeing Business Jet 737 and Boeing B767.
Barnes said the lease agreement is expected to be finalized this month and Signature intends to break ground on the project in the fall of 2013. ...
- Samsung might make the next Facebook phone following HTC First disaster
- Google challenges PRISM gag orders
- Huawei would consider buying Nokia if it dumps Windows Phone
- Nasscom Hiring in Indian IT to fall in 2013-14
- Raising the next Bill Gates
- 280 new moon craters identified
- Chris Froome given space by Bradley Wiggins Tour de France absence
- Semantic Polarities and Psychopathologies in the Family – review
- Farmed fish overtakes farmed beef for first time
- Flamingo-like pterosaur used gravel for digestion
- College study says students from Ireland indulge in drinking more than others
- Helen Mirren new face of Marksamp Spencer
- Kourtneys motherhood tips to Kim
- WICB president meets regional dignitaries
- Ofcom to probe BSkyB over sports channel supply
- Greenwood set to host Mississippi-Alabama tourism conference
- American Airlines US Airways seek EU approval for merger
- Egypt tourism minister resigns over Luxor governor
- Endangered list highlights at-risk landmarks and landscapes
- United Boeing 787 Diverted Tokyo-Bound Dreamliner Flight 139 Lands In Seattle
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Weekend lie-in can prevent diabetes
- Getting enough sleep may help prevent diabetes in men
- How aspirin can effectively battle cancer
- Exposure to high pollution levels during pregnancy may double risk of having autistic kids
- Exposure to high pollution levels during pregnancy may double risk of having autistic kids
- Brazil to produce H1N1 flu vaccine
- Health Department questioned on spending again
- Minimally Invasive Techniques Allow Doctors To Remove Suspicious Polyps Keep Colon Intact
- Celebrate the Defeat of the Granny Bashers Billionaire-backed Campaign Fails to Cut Social Security and Medicare
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest San Jose Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Community radio reporters acting as climate change communication agents in Central India
- Jackie Chan admires Bollywood welcomes Indo-Chinese Cine collaboration
- Lil Red puts a modern musical spin on a classic tale Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
- No CBI probe into Saradha scam at present stage HC
- Austrian cinema a province shaped by past masters of pessimism