Accra, May 18, GNA- Dr Joseph Amankwah, Director, Public Health of Ghana Health Service (GHS), has stated the need for policy guidelines for the implementation of the International Health Regulation (IHR) ...
DUBAI //Doctors have called for a centralised, long-term programme to tackle heart disease, the nation's biggest single killer. Heart disease is the cause of 25 per cent of deaths in the UAE, and the average age of contracting the disease is 15 years younger than in the western world. A national board should be set up under the federal government with a clear timetable for cutting the ...
Manama-May-18(BNA)The Kingdom of Bahrain has today been declared free from Coronavirus disease-for the time being. The Health Ministry has issued a statement in this regard assuring the public that no cases of coronavirus have been diagnosed to-date in Bahrain. It urged people to abide by hygienic precautionary measures, including washing hands, avoiding touching one's eyes, mouth and ...
By SaharaReporters, New York Years after graduating from the College of Medicine of the University of Nigeria, the 2008/2009 batch of doctors can hardly call themselves doctors, as the University has inexplicably refused to issue certificates to certify the completion of their training. Dr. Ijeomah Augustine, the group’s spokesperson who spoke to SaharaReporters about their efforts to ...
Winds: From the NNW at 13.0 MPH Gusting to 13.0 MPH
Solaris (2002) [DVD]
Steven Soderbergh's film of Polish novelist Stanislaw Lem's Solaris was advertised as a romance during its theatrical release, which is not entirely inaccurate, depending on what your definition is of a romantic movie. Solaris is a love story, but it's not exactly a date movie, unless your date is a graduate student in philosophy. Rather, it is a difficult and enigmatic exploration ... ...
Dr. Richard Heuser I caught up with Dr. Richard Heuser on Friday, right after he finished a surgical procedure and before he headed out to Paris for an interventional cardiology meeting. Heuser was the first in the U.S. to perform a medical procedure as part of a clinical trial for Eden Prairie, Minn.-based Osprey Medical Inc. The Osprey Medical Cincor system is designed to remove contrast dye ...
Social stigma about epilepsy and the mistaken belief that seizures are caused by djinn are putting the lives of sufferers and non-sufferers at risk, doctors warn. Such misconceptions mean cases often go undiagnosed, preventing patients from receiving the appropriate medical treatment and contributing to an underreporting of the condition. Doctors also say a lack of regulation on epileptics ...
Doctors are calling for tougher legislation to govern the issuing of driving licences to epileptics. Sufferers of the condition are already banned from certain professions - such as aviation, driving public transport and operating heavy machinery - but doctors' advice to epileptic drivers of private vehicles is not legally binding, as it is in some western countries. "Someone with ...
Sunlight beams through the lounge window at the Katoas' house creating warmth and comfort. The house is matchbox-size, immaculate and homely. Family photos from their life in Tonga and New Zealand clutter the cabinets, and at least 10 sports trophies glisten proudly from a cabinet. Like many Pacific Island families, the Katoa household is large: mum, dad and nine children, including twins and a ...
Manama, May 18th (BNA) -Minister of Health, Sadiq Abdul Karim Al Shehabi left the Kingdom to Genve to participate in the (66) meeting of World Health Assembly of World Health Organization (WHO), which will be held during the period from May 20 to 28, 2013. The Assembly's works will be opened on Monday May 20th, 2013 with appointing the Credentials Committee, electing the sixty-sixth ...
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Swiss-Grand Resort & Spa, Bondi Beach, Australia
Perfectly positioned alongside Sydney's World famous Bondi Beach, the Swiss-Grand is a great hotel, packed with uniqueness and extras. At ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
San Jose SunSan Jose Sun | Latest San Jose News reports, Weather & Markets
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of San Jose news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The San Jose Sun is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of San Jose.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a San Jose weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the San Jose Sun is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Internet firm Yahoo has announced that the board chairman Fred Amoroso will leave the position later this year.
In a release, Yahoo said, Amoroso will not seek re-election in the upcoming annual elections in 2013.
Maynard Webb Jr. has been appointed in place of Amoroso as the chairman of the board.
Amoroso will continue to serve as a member till the shareholders meeting on June 25, news.com.au reports.
Webb has however taken over as Yahoo's interim chairman.
After Amoroso's exit Yahoo will have 10 board members.
Mayer took over the helm of Yahoo! in July last year. She had been a high-ranking executive at Google, which she joined in 1999 as its 20th employee and the first female engineer hired, the report added. (ANI)
- The Winklevoss twins are Bitcoin bulls
- Android has become a hedge against Microsoft and Windows
- New MacBook Air imminent
- Teen dies trying to hold onto iPad during theft police say
- Google Glass and the mens room urinals
- Astronomers Awaiting Comet ISONs Year-End Spectacular
- Sun unleashes earth-directed solar particles into space
- Near-Earth asteroids and Mars 2 moons considered for future space missions
- Depth is key for Planets’ success
- Briton picked for five-month mission on International Space Station in 2015
- Top Pakistani Politician Gunned Down in Karachi
- Cricket Australia investigating Warners twitter rant
- Spot-fixing row N.Srinivasan calls the spot-fixers as dirty cricketers
- Proteas icon Ntini not planning to retire despite cut from first class Warriors
- Campbell-Brown leads Caribbean contingent in Diamond League
- SNL Ben Affleck on deck
- Sports Briefing | Golf Three Teammates Advance to World Match Play Championship Quarterfinals
- Sports Briefing | Cycling Mauro Santambrogio Wins 14th Stage of Giro dItalia
- Get the look Slouchy trousers
- A cure for HIV is now a a realistic possibility
- Where locals eat in Las Vegas
- SeaWorlds Antarctica could further tilt Orlandos tourism market
- Helipad build for Russias Vladimir Putin
- Sanya awarded Hainans most popular wedding tourism destination
- Cruise passengers who get sick sometimes face tough road
- My dads cancer diagnosis inspired my healthier diet says Gwyneth Paltrow
- At least 30 countries in Africa at risk of yellow fever WHO
- New health law offers opportunities for investors
- Consumers are not the best health-care drivers
- Three companies recall antipsychotic drug quetiapine Health Canada says
- At least 30 countries in Africa at risk of yellow fever WHO
- Public Health boss calls for policy guidelines to implement IHR
- Doctors urge action on the UAEs No 1 killer
- Bahrain Free From Coronavirus Health Ministry said
- Years After Graduation UNN Doctors Still Denied Professional Certificates By Their Institution
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest San Jose Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Jimmy Saviles half-century of sex abuse to be made into musical
- Placido Domingo turns Allende short story into opera
- Neram - gem of Tamil cinema
- Police seizes 1500 explosives in Jharkhands Koderma region
- Czech Konig wins 7th stage of Tour of California