Scientists have shown that a lifestyle that encourages a healthy heart could also shield patients with chronic kidney diseases from kidney failure and premature death, says a study. The findings, appearing in the Journal of the American Society of Nephrology (JASN), suggest that patients with kidney diseases should be encouraged to improve their heart's health, reports Science Daily. Poor ...
A 9-year-old girl took on the head of McDonald's Corp. on healthy eating during the fast-food chain's annual shareholders meeting on Thursday. Fourth-grader Hannah Robertson, who spoke up during the gathering's question-and-answer session, told the fast food mogul that it would be nice if he stopped trying to trick kids into wanting to eat junk food all the time, the New York Daily News ...
Children who develop Type 2 diabetes are at high risk to develop heart, kidney and eye problems faster and at a higher rate than people who acquire Type 2 diabetes as adults, a new study has found. "Once these kids have Type 2 diabetes, they seem to be at very high risk for early complications when compared to adults," Jane Lynch, M.D., professor of pediatric endocrinology in the School of ...
Australian wicketkeeper Brad Haddin has said that despite being back in the pursuit of the Ashes, he is viewing cricket in a new light following his daughter's battle with cancer. According to the Sydney Morning Herald, although the Ashes journey is the greatest adventure for an Australian cricketer and normally fills his mind for most of the time, however, Haddin had even considered retirement ...
Anthony Mason and Anne-Marie Greene speak with "Law and Order" actress, and now author, Elizabeth Rohm about making her private battle with infertility ...
Winds: From the SE at 4.0 MPH Gusting to 4.0 MPH
Roman Polanskis Chinatown is one of the great masterworks of 70s American cinema and an apex of the decades obsession with genre revisionism. Along with Coppolas The Godfather (1972), Altmans Nashville (1975), and Spielbergs Jaws (1975), whic ... ...
The FDA is investigating Tennessee pharmacy distributor Main Street Family Pharmacy after seven patients, in several states, were sickened with a potentially contaminated steroid. Anthony Mason ...
The long Memorial Day weekend kicks off the unofficial start of the summer but with that comes in seasonal hazards and here are some tips. To avoid the five most common dangers sunburns nothing ...
NAIROBI, KENYA: On May 14, nine-year-old Mariam became the first girl in Kenya to receive a free vaccine against cervical cancer at her Central Primary School ...
IN FORTY-eight years, Sue Cowan was never recognised for her work on the Gold Coast - that was until she was recently named the city's premier nurse at an inaugural ceremony held in Southport.Mrs Cowan works in the neurology and cardiology units at the Gold Coast Hospital and said she could write a book about changes she has seen in the industry, reminiscing on a time when nurses were ...
JERUSALEM, Israel -- Israeli pediatric surgeons corrected congenital heart defects on a four-year-old Syrian girl at Wolfson Medical Center in Holon on ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Thistle Marble Arch Hotel
The hotel is an old building, in fact there are neon signs on an adjacent, seemingly unused warehouse which is ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
San Jose SunSan Jose Sun | Latest San Jose News reports, Weather & Markets
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of San Jose news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The San Jose Sun is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of San Jose.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a San Jose weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the San Jose Sun is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
An Indian immigrant is set to become the most accomplished hacker in US as he is being paid for dropping college studies and engaging himself in Silicon Valley's entrepreneurial environment.
Diwank Singh Tomer, 19 has enrolled himself with the Facebook's first investor and the co-founder and former CEO of PayPal, Peter Thiel, who is paying 100,000 dollars to 20 teenagers to launch a business of their own, ABC News reports.
Tomer, who is designing an interactive learning environment with funding from the Thiel Foundation, had dropped out from an Indian University after continuing only for less than a month when the computer science major realized that he can launch a startup to help people learn to code while learning coding basics himself.
Tomer said that he believes that dropping out is an important part of the growing up process, adding that instead of promoting students to ask questions, traditional Indian schools force the students to only appear smart.
The unconventional entrepreneur also said that people learn best when they have access to mentors and the ability to learn in a way that suits them.
The Thiel Foundation mentors the young entrepreneurs during the two year fellowship as they pursue advance studies and practices in everything from robotics to fashion but does not entitle them to join school or get employed during the period without special approval from the foundation. ...
- Indian software industry to see strong revenue growth PwC
- Bits Blog Vintage Apple-1 Sells for Record $671400
- Consciousness Why we need to build sentient machines
- Meet the new champ of desktop speakers Adam Audio F5
- Girls suicide after alleged attack troubles town
- Israel stunned by Hawking snub
- Wireless signals can stunt plant growth
- Spanish art gets privileged space in New York museum
- Russia plans four spacecraft launches in 2014
- Private firms may travel to lunar surface NASA report
- BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi says N.Srinivasan should resign
- Former BCCI President I.S.Bindra calls N.Srinivasan arrogant
- N.Srinivasan denies any knowledge of Gurunaths involvement in betting
- Becks dream of owning MLS team put on hold by Man City
- Mourinho couldnt handle high pressure at Madrid Zidane
- $2.6 mn necklace spirited away at Cannes Film Festival
- Healthy heart ensures healthy kidney
- HTCs Facebook phone launch postponed in UK and Europe
- Corporal punishment has long history in Japanese sports
- Bryan Burwell Yes golf is the sport of gentlemen but rumbles are allowed
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Pakistani plane forced to land near London two held
- Two held over Pakistani planes mid-air alert
- Middle East instability means tourism growth for Oman
- Group discusses safety of space tourism
- Healthy heart ensures healthy kidney
- 9-year-old girl tells McDonalds CEO to not trick kids into eating unhealthy food
- Kids with Type 2 diabetes at greater risk of developing heart kidney problems
- Haddin views cricket in new light despite Ashes anticipation following daughters cancer struggles
- Video Putting female infertility in the spotlight
- Weekend Reading Public-Health Crises Surfer Girls
- Health ministry sets up desk for private healthcare providers
- Doctors flooded with queries after Angelina Jolies double mastectomy
- Angelina Jolie’s case has put women in a bind Doctors
- Canada revokes passport of doc accused in US medicare fraud
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest San Jose Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- West End marks 350 years of theatre
- Tom Cruise to help David Beckham with acting career
- Boxer Amir Khan to perform Bollywood dance gig at own wedding
- Mariah Carey bursts out of dress on GMA
- Lady Gaga ready for live gig in August